posted 24 June 2017
Tungali Feedlot - Sedan, SA
S. Kidman & Co, one of Australia’s most respected and successful beef producers, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated feedlot manager for Tungali Feedlot, situated near Sedan (adjacent to the Barossa Valley) in South Australia. As the company moves to a vertically integrated branded beef strategy, the 3,200 head feedlot will play a critical role.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and leading a small team, you will be responsible for managing livestock feeding programs, water supply, farm, feedmill and animal welfare and husbandry to enable the company to achieve its performance objectives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the management of a feedlot operation, including livestock recording systems, feedlot management software, inventory management, record keeping, landcare, people and safety management, property maintenance and financial management.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and leading a team.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- A Heavy Rigid (HR) truck licence & Motorcycle licence.
- A Firearms licence (Class A and Class B).
- A National Police Clearance Certificate.
An attractive remuneration package, which includes an onsite furnished three bedroom home with services, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further information on the position, please contact Will Abel-Smith, Marketing Manager, on (08) 8334 7166 or 0418 856 166.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to Jane McCauley, HR Officer at email@example.com. A copy of the position description is available on request.
Applications close Friday, 7 July 2017
posted 09 June 2017
Jalna Feedlot - Anakie, VIC
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced pen rider with demonstrated abilities in animal husbandry and livestock handling within Jalna Feedlot, a 6000-head beef feedlot, just 35 minutes from Geelong.
Supplying beef to the domestic market, mainly for the supermarket chain we pride ourselves in being within the top feedlots in the state and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction to constantly grow and be above industry standards.
Feeding a number of cattle not only for our own business we also have a high number of Custom Fed cattle for clients that have confidence and trust in our abilities to supply a product that is within all specifications they require for the contracts they attain.
Some experience would be an advantage but not entirely necessary for the right applicant, on-site training will be provided regardless of experience.
Your main responsibilities at the Feedlot will include but not be limited to:
• Daily pen ride, identifying and treating sick cattle.
• Drafting and moving cattle;
• Continual monitoring of cattle health in line with our strong compliance.
• Inducting new cattle to the feedlot.
• Pen maintenance if required, which may include driving machinery; loaders, bobcats, tractors. General welding if required and wire fence maintenance.
• Cleaning and maintenance of facilities.
• Any other duties required in the operation of the feedlot.
The successful applicant would ideally require some experience in the following:
• General livestock handling skills, ability to handle livestock in a calm and safe manor.
• Ability to diagnose animal health symptoms and constantly adapt to changes in weather and different cattle types and behaviour.
• Competent horseman ship and riding skills and able to supply minimum of 1 horse with own tack.
• Communication skills and ability to work within a team.
• Flexibility to fit into a weekend roster.
If this opportunity is right for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your application to be considered.
posted 22 May 2017
Myola Feedlot - Croppa Creek, NSW
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced pen rider with demonstrated abilities in animal husbandry and livestock handling, within our Myola Feedlot.
Myola is a modern 20,000 head capacity feedlot situated in Northwest NSW, in the heart of the “Golden triangle”. Myola now plays an integral role in the BBG supply chain, ensuring the delivery of a consistent supply of cattle to Bindaree grain fed brands whilst also continuing its operation as a custom feedlot.
Your main responsibilities at the Feedlot will be:
Drafting and moving cattle;
Continual monitoring of cattle health in line with our strong compliance.
The successful applicant will need to have proven experience in the following:
General livestock handling skills;
Ability to diagnose animal health symptoms;
Competent horseman ship and riding skills and able to supply minimum of 1 horse with own tack;
Communication skills and able to work within a team;
Competent in data recording would be advantageous.
If this opportunity is right for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com in order for your application to be considered. Alternatively for a confidential discussion in relation to this opportunity please contact Morgan on 02 6721 1411.
posted 18 May 2017
Coonamble Feedlot - Coonamble, NSW
Coonamble Feedlot, a modern 10,000 head feedlot located near Coonamble NSW currently has a position for a livestock hand within our team.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Diagnosis of animal health symptoms
• Livestock handling
• Administration of animal health treatments
• Cleaning and maintenance of facilities
• Induction and exit of cattle
• Any other duties required in the operation of the feedlot
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and the ability to work within a team environment.
• Must be physically fit.
• Demonstrate a high level of horse riding ability preferred but not essential.
• Excellent stock handling skills.
• Sound computer skills
On the job and external training will be provided for the successful applicant.
Up to two horses can be maintained on site.
Above award wages paid.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Phone: (02) 6822 3888